What makes this necessary is the internal behaviour of the connection page being used when application- or import-wizard are launched from central or file-menu. It there is a delegating wizard page which invokes either v2 or v3 wizard based on the server type that the user is choosing. Behind the scenes I see the conn wizard connecting several times when launched from central/file-menu. The delegating wizard page needs to connect in the WizardPage#getNextPage(), a method that is also used in PageChangingListener(s) which it's using to determine the page change direction (forward or backward).
how to reproduce:
- EXEC: launch application wizard
- ASSERT: connection page shows up
- EXEC: select an existing or create a new connection
- EXEC: get to the next page
- EXEC: get back to the connection page and hit "Next" again
You see the progress bar coming up and getting to the 2nd page again after some delay caused by the the wizard re-connecting.