SpotBugs is a successor of FingBugs and as such uses different groupId + artifactId for maven plugin. It should also be compatible with Java 9 (at least in the latest versions). We need to investigate it the switch is painless and if so, do it. Otherwise we need to figure out what the blockers are and slowly start to fix them as FindBugs itself won't bet any more updates it seems and so won't be Java 9 compatible.
How to migrate
- Look for all "findbugs" and replace it by "spotbugs"
- Except for anything related to the findbugs annotations dependency that some dependencies drag in or exclude. Leave that one alone!
- For example, change findbugs-check -> spotbugs-check, ...
- Merge this PR if it hasn't been merged already: https://github.com/kiegroup/optaplanner-wb/pull/320
- Then you only need to adjust the following repo's: build-boostrap, drools, optaplanner and kie-wb-distributions.
- See https://github.com/search?q=org%3Akiegroup+findbugs-maven-plugin&type=Code
- Ignore contributed experiments, that repo is dead