I have a sample app with a persistence.xml with <jta-data-source>java:/todos-ds</jta-data-source>
The *-ds.xml I was using for AS6 has <jndi-name>todos-ds</jndi-name>
This works in AS6. But when I try to create a datasource in the AS7 managment console I can't create it with the name java:/todos-ds. I just get a red exclamation mark next to the JNDI name box until I remove the java:/ and then it lets me create the datasource but the app doesn't work of course. If I open up the standalone.xml I can edit the jndi-name and add the prefix, then the app works as expected.
(I haven't looked at using the CLI to create a DS yet)