On the documentation page https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/teiid87final/External+Materialization there are several inconsistencies within the text:
1. In doc property teiid_rel:MATVIEW_STAGE_TABLE is stated as optional, but in fact to activate the vdb setting of property teiid_rel:MATERIALIZED_STAGE_TABLE is required which is also in the sample code.
2. teiid_rel:MATVIEW_TTL stated as optional, but if not set error occurs on deploy.
3. In the table of properties is teiid_rel:ON_VDB_START_SCRIPT, but under the table there is teiid_rel:ON_VDB_CREATE_SCRIPT property.
4. in the sample vdb definition the Cache Hint with the query is misleading, as the teiid_rel:MATVIEW_TTL is required. In sync with issue
On the https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/teiid87final/Internal+Materialization page:
1. in section "Updatable" the "Update SQL" query calls wrong procedure. It calls updateMatViewRow, but should call refreshMatViewRow as is stated in the surrounding text.