This relates to https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RTGOV-645. To support the Resubmit feature, the handling of the Situation's Status field shall be changed:
- Only 3 Status values shall be available: UNRESOLVED, IN PROGRESS, RESOLVED:
Either remove other values, or provide means to configure the values.
- The default entry for the Status filter on the Situations page shall be (the new value) OPEN:
This includes all Status values other than RESOLVED.
- A Situation's Status should be changed only programmatically (see below):
Either remove the status change buttons on the "Details" tab or provide means to hide them by configuration.
- The "Assign" button shall be available all the time. It potentially overwrites an existing value for 'assignedTo'.
(This is to be consistent with the resubmit behaviour as defined below.)
- The initial state of a (root) Situation is UNRESOLVED.
When a Situation is resubmitted:
(1) 'assignedTo' is set to the current user (overriding the current value)
(2a) If no failure is encountered (no child situation is created),
the Status is changed to RESOLVED.
(2b) If a failure is encountered (and a child situation is created),
the Status is changed to IN_PROGRESS.
- A Situation in Status RESOLVED must not be resubmitted anymore:
(1) The Resubmit button on the "Message" tab is disabled.
(2) The Situation is excluded from a bulk resubmit.
As already stated in the requirements for RTGOV-645, assignedTo and Status shall have the same value for all Situations in a "resubmit tree".