Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 4.0.0.Final
Fix Version/s: 4.5.0.Alpha3
Windows XP, Java 6, Tomcat 6.0.24, Mojarra 2.0.2.
Sprint:4.5.0.Alpha3 - Sprint 5
Steps to Reproduce:
- Put a commandLink inside the row of a dataTable
- Inside commandLink's action, visit the component tree
- Attempt to read the occurrence variable again => variable is null
Git Pull Request:
I am encountering a reentrance problem with org.richfaces.component.UIDataAdaptor (using it as a dataTable).
I need to perform a visit of the component tree while executing an action on a command link in one row of the same table.
After the action on the command link has visited the component tree, myItem is no longer available in context.
When the UIDataAdaptor sets or resets the "myItem" context variable, it backs up any previous value by calling captureOrigValue(FacesContext), and later restores it by calling restoreOrigValue(FacesContext), but it looks as if the visit backs the variable up twice (in a nested fashion), and it erases myItem between the two backups :
- backup variable (old value is correctly backed up) (in visitTree(VisitContext visitContext, VisitCallback callback))
- erase variable (setRowKey(facesContext, null) in same function)
- erase variable (doVisitChildren(VisitContext context, boolean visitRows))
- erase variable (visitTree(VisitContext visitContext, VisitCallback callback))
- backup variable (erases backed up value) (walk(FacesContext faces, DataVisitor visitor, Object argument))
- restore value (restores null) (walk(FacesContext faces, DataVisitor visitor, Object argument))
- restore value (restores null) (in visitTree(VisitContext visitContext, VisitCallback callback))
The problem can be solved by stacking backed up variables, instead of storing them in a simple attribute, to allow for any kind of reentrance.
(I do not say that this is the best possible patch, but it has solved the problem for me).