Type: Feature Request
Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 1.2.10.Final, 1.3.1.Beta1
Fix Version/s: None
While strengtening the test coverage and tying some loose ends, I encountered the following behaviour. It's always reproducible. Please, take a look at it and comment whether you consider it being a quite evil bug, or whether I'm just being full of ideas
- Setup Apache HTTP Server balancer with AdvertiseSecurityKey karmYYY and start it.
- Setup worker 1 with advertise-security-key="karmXXX" and start it.
- Setup worker 2 with advertise-security-key="karmYYY" and start it.
- worker 2 talks to balancer, that's cool.
- worker 1 does not talk to balancer, that's cool.
- Stop balancer. Keep both workers running.
- Setup Apache HTTP Server balancer with AdvertiseSecurityKey karmXXX and start it.
- Now, I would expect that verifyDigest for worker 2 ceases to match and that there will be only worker 1 registered with the balancer. What actually happens is that both worker 1 and worker 2 are registered with the balancer now. STATUS messages are being sent and processed, workers are in OK state.
I took a look at the differences between master and 1.2.10 branch, especially with regard to
MODCLUSTER-338 and MODCLUSTER-337, but it bares no connection to this issue. 1.2.10.Final and 1.3.1.Beta1 exhibit the same kind of behaviour.
According to the log, the digest logic is sane, i.e. one gets:
, but the worker keeps sending STATUS OK messages anyhow.
Would it make sense for the worker to "leave" the balancer if the digest is suddenly not matching?