Follow these steps to reproduce the problem:
- start broker
- start a producer and send two or more messages to a queue
- start jconsole
- click on the queue and select Operations.
- click browse and copy the JMSMessageID of the first message into clipboard
- invoke JMX operation removeMatchingMessages() with argument JMSMessageID='<message id>' , where <message id> is the copied JMSMessageID.
- verify that >= 1 message are still on the queue
- now start a consumer that connects to this queue. It won't get any messages.