Central Page requires new capabilities :
- needs more customization (display content depending on user preferences)
- needs to scale with JBDS-IS, Fuse content
- access to more examples, with filtering capabilities
Given that the existing page is pretty hard to maintain and suffers from scalability/UI bugs, we're heading towards an HTML5 approach :
- use an embedded SWT Browser widget (or Java FX), depending on the platform compatibility
- webpage and its content could be served remotely (as zip), and downloaded locally for offline use. this would give us more flexibility to update the content.