Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: JBossAS-5.0.1.GA, JBossAS-5.1.0.GA, 6.0.0.M4, 6.0.0.M5
Fix Version/s: 6.0.0.CR1
Bug has been observed on all three versions:
- JBoss 5.0.1 GA (jboss-vfs 2.1.2 GA)
- JBoss 5.1.0 GA (jboss-vfs 2.1.0 GA)
- JBoss 6.0.0 M4 (jboss-vfs 3.0.0 CR5)
Steps to Reproduce:HideShowCall the JBoss deployer with a remote URL, for example: http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor?action=invokeOpByName&name=jboss.system:service%3DMainDeployer&methodName=deploy&argType=java.net.URL&arg0=http%3A%2F%2Fapplications.localdomain%3A60976%2Fsimple-war-1.0.3-SNAPSHOT.war
I'm currently working on the porting of our JBoss 4.2 infrastructure to JBoss 5.x, and even maybe 6.x.
Since JBoss doesn't allow automated remote deployment (i.e., via JMX for example -a manual access to the JBoss console is necessary) of applications (WAR, EJBs, EARs, etc.), we used to call the JBoss MainDeployer's deploy method with a URL pointing to an HTTP URL which contains all our deployable artifacts.
As of JBoss 5.x, this broke. I'm attaching stack traces for JBoss 5.1.0 and JBoss 6.0.0 M3:
- In JBoss 5 we clearly see that org.jboss.virtual.VFS.getVFS throws: java.io.IOException: No context factory for http://192.168.0.12:58407/simple-war-1.0.3-SNAPSHOT.war
- In JBoss 6 the exception is even more interesting: Invalid or unreadable WAR file : /simple-war-1.0.3-SNAPSHOT.war