Uploaded image for project: 'Infinispan'
  1. Infinispan
  2. ISPN-7104

Cache remove fails to return value in invalidation mode with cache store

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Critical
    • Resolution: Done
    • Affects Version/s: 8.2.4.Final, 9.2.1.Final
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: Core
    • Labels:
      None
    • Steps to Reproduce:
      Hide

      1. Create two cache managers.
      2. Establish a cluster between them.
      3. Create an invalidating (sync) cache on each node.
      4. Configure a shared cache store.
      5. Put entry on node 1.
      6. Try to remove the entry on node 2.

      See the attached Java test.

      Show
      1. Create two cache managers. 2. Establish a cluster between them. 3. Create an invalidating (sync) cache on each node. 4. Configure a shared cache store. 5. Put entry on node 1. 6. Try to remove the entry on node 2. See the attached Java test.
    • Workaround:
      Workaround Exists
    • Workaround Description:
      Hide

      A work around was found by first doing a `get` to retrieve the value before calling `remove` to delete it.

      Show
      A work around was found by first doing a `get` to retrieve the value before calling `remove` to delete it.

      Description

      The cache `remove` method occasionally fails to return the removed value, and returns `null`.

      Observed in two node setup in invalidation mode, with a configured cache store (Redis).

      Tests reveal that about 40% of the times the method returns `null`, the remaining 60% the removed value is correctly returned.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                william.burns Will Burns
                Reporter:
                vdzhuvinov Vladimir Dzhuvinov
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                1 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: