Uploaded image for project: 'Immutant'
  1. Immutant
  2. IMMUTANT-262

Passing records to pipeline results in invalid EDN-encoding exception

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Done
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 0.10.0
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      Passing a record created by defrecord into a pipeline results in a runtime exception raised from the decode method in the immutant.codecs namespace.

      The code in the core namespace for the following example project provides a repro case: https://github.com/dparis/immutant-pipeline-bug

      Running the given deref line results in the exception being raised and the deref timeout-val being returned. Expected behavior would have the pipeline return the resulting record successfully.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            tcrawley Toby Crawley added a comment -

            Thanks for reporting this - it exposed two other messaging bugs

            I've fixed it by fixing the two related issues and setting the pipeline encoding to :clojure. The next incremental build (827) should fix it for you - let me know if it doesn't.

            Related commit: https://github.com/immutant/immutant/commit/aae1110a5fb90b6cad2bf4cb04bd3fd6863f56f4

            Show
            tcrawley Toby Crawley added a comment - Thanks for reporting this - it exposed two other messaging bugs I've fixed it by fixing the two related issues and setting the pipeline encoding to :clojure. The next incremental build (827) should fix it for you - let me know if it doesn't. Related commit: https://github.com/immutant/immutant/commit/aae1110a5fb90b6cad2bf4cb04bd3fd6863f56f4
            Hide
            tcrawley Toby Crawley added a comment -

            Actually, let me know either way - that way I'll know when I can close this issue.

            Show
            tcrawley Toby Crawley added a comment - Actually, let me know either way - that way I'll know when I can close this issue.
            Hide
            dparis Dylan Paris added a comment -

            Will do, just waiting on the build to finish. Thanks for your work!

            Show
            dparis Dylan Paris added a comment - Will do, just waiting on the build to finish. Thanks for your work!
            Hide
            dparis Dylan Paris added a comment -

            Just ran my app against the latest incremental (build 827) and the pipeline successfully accepted and produced record instances at each step. Bug looks squashed to me.

            Thanks again!

            Show
            dparis Dylan Paris added a comment - Just ran my app against the latest incremental (build 827) and the pipeline successfully accepted and produced record instances at each step. Bug looks squashed to me. Thanks again!
            Hide
            dparis Dylan Paris added a comment -

            Also, for now I don't have a problem deploying against the incremental builds, but that may change in the future. Any guess when this fix will make it into a stable release?

            Show
            dparis Dylan Paris added a comment - Also, for now I don't have a problem deploying against the incremental builds, but that may change in the future. Any guess when this fix will make it into a stable release?
            Hide
            tcrawley Toby Crawley added a comment -

            Great, thanks for letting me know.

            We've been working towards a 1.0.0.beta1 release in a few weeks, but are making some changes to the cache API that have us considering doing at least one more alpha (0.10.0) release. If we do put out a 0.10.0, it could be as early as late next week. We'll try and figure that out on Monday.

            Show
            tcrawley Toby Crawley added a comment - Great, thanks for letting me know. We've been working towards a 1.0.0.beta1 release in a few weeks, but are making some changes to the cache API that have us considering doing at least one more alpha (0.10.0) release. If we do put out a 0.10.0, it could be as early as late next week. We'll try and figure that out on Monday.
            Hide
            tcrawley Toby Crawley added a comment -

            Confirmed, closing.

            Show
            tcrawley Toby Crawley added a comment - Confirmed, closing.

              People

              • Assignee:
                tcrawley Toby Crawley
                Reporter:
                dparis Dylan Paris
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                2 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:

                  Development