Uploaded image for project: 'Debezium'
  1. Debezium
  2. DBZ-578

Timestamps are not converted to UTC during snapshot

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

      Description

      Hello,

      As I described on gitter, we got an issue with timestamps conversions on Kafka.

      My source DB is set as CEST as you can see here :

      | Variable_name    | Value  |
      +------------------+--------+
      | system_time_zone | CEST   |
      | time_zone        | SYSTEM |
      +------------------+--------+
      

      If I take a particular line here's the conversion using the basic mysql command line client.

      set time_zone = 'SYSTEM'
      +---------------------+---------------------+
      | created             | modified            |
      +---------------------+---------------------+
      | 2013-12-05 12:19:30 | 2013-12-05 12:19:30 |
      +---------------------+---------------------+
      1 row in set (0.00 sec)
       
      set time_zone = '+0:00'
      +---------------------+---------------------+
      | created             | modified            |
      +---------------------+---------------------+
      | 2013-12-05 11:19:30 | 2013-12-05 11:19:30 |
      +---------------------+---------------------+
      1 row in set (0.00 sec)
      

      While we got this on Kafka :

      value": "{\"before\":null,\"after\":{\"created\":\"2013-12-05T12:19:30Z\",\"modified\":\"2013-12-05T12:19:30Z\", ......, snapshot = true....}"
      

      There is no issues for events coming from the binlog (snapshot: null).

      Thanks !!

      This issue originates from a Gitter conversation.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                jpechanec Jiri Pechanec
                Reporter:
                fuyar Farid Farid
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                4 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: